Just call me Sandra Lee

>> Friday, December 5, 2008

I am loving the Christmas season. I am almost done with my shopping. My house is all decked out. My baby has a really cute Santa suit. We have been working on helping others. We have been listen to Christmas music. I have my pine tree candle burning. I love it all.

Lately I have had this desire to be very domestic. This is something that does not come naturally to me. I really try to bake and sew and decorate. I have this dream to be Martha Stewart. Well it is just not happening. No matter how hard I try, I just am not cutting it.

Today I was baking for a party I have tonight and it hit me," I will never be Martha Stewart." Making everything from scratch, sewing, having original ideas it is just not me. As I was baking everything that is semi-homemade I realized I can be Sandra Lee, you know the Lady on Food Network who makes food by buying things pre-done and throwing it all together, on a cute plate and dressing everything up, I thought "THAT WORKS FOR ME"! I am so relieved. My expectations for myself are in a different place now. I don't feel so frustrated. What a load I just took off myself. Why do I do this to myself ? Why do I think I have to do it all. Well not any more. I can relax a little bit more and enjoy the season. By the way Sandra Lee is my mom's first and middle name. I guess I take after my mom.
After looking everywhere for stockings this year, and realizing that to get new ones I would spend $200. So I decided that I would make them. Well since sewing is not one of my talents, I bought these plain red ones for $1.50 and ironed on initials and rick rack. I was able to semi-make my own stockings for $25 the price of 1 stocking that I wanted to buy. They are not the cutest, but they match my house and I saved money. Just call me Sandra Lee!



Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

lesueur family December 5, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

I have to say I am very impressed! Your stockings are so cute, and your semi-baking skills, way to go Mel!!

Andrea December 6, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

I am way impressed! The stockings are too cute. You did a great job! Grandma Nelson would be proud!

Cassie and Chad December 6, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

Look at you, you go girl!!! I love your cute ideas and so simple too!

Don and Sandy December 6, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Don't call me Sandra Lee or I will think I'm in trouble! That was the only time those words were used.
Anyway I think you underestimate your abilities. Maybe you don't sew but you do lot of creative thing and come up with good Ideas(Like your T party for your achiev
ment day girls)
Your house is always clean, it is decorated so cute for Christmas and you feed your family nutrishous meals. Not to mention that you make everyone feel at home when they are at your house. Yes, you are a good home maker and very domestic. Believe me even though I am your mother and adore you.

Breanna Gaylord December 8, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

i love your ideas!! i am the same way. i have these way high expectations for myself and it can just stress me out. way to go!! your kids are so lucky.

Jen Shumway December 10, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

I thnk you are very talented in the Holly Homemaker. You do everything great. What are you talking about.

Terese Hamilton December 12, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

You have to remember that Martha Stewart has a HUGE TEAM that helps her. So very unrealistic to do by yourself. But Sandra Lee is way cool too (and much more realistic)!

THE BERISH BUNCH December 15, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

you have outdone yourself! You put the rest of us to shame! Seriously.. very impressive! I need to come get a few idears from you now! How fun for you. :-)))

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 11:42 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP