Working Hard

>> Saturday, May 17, 2008

Today my girls had a piano recital. They did a great job! This is their teacher Sharee. She is a good family friend. This was Katies first of many recitals. A friend of mine told me a very wise quote that she heard from her mother growing up. I use it on my kids all the time.

"taking piano is not about learning to play the piano, it is about working hard at something and learning to play is a bonus."

Piano is hard on moms, but days like this makes it all worth the nagging. I think hard work is so important. Wayne and I look for ways to teach our kids to work hard. If any one has any good ideas let me know. We start swim team next. That will keep us busy in June. I know one day they will thank us for pushing them.

2 comments:

Don and Sandy May 18, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

I love to hear your girls play the piano. They do such a good job.Keep up the good work girls, you are awesome.
love you guys,
Gramma

Jen Shumway May 20, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Make sure they keep it up. They will be so thankful when they get to play the organ in church some day.

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP