1 YEAR LATER

>> Monday, May 19, 2008




Wow! I can not believe one year has past since my twin brother Michael died. This has been one of the worst and best years. It is amazing how a broken heart can change you. I miss my brother so much. Michael was an AWESOME person. There is no one else like him. (maybe my dad) He was the most lovable, kindhearted, funny, all around nice guy. Everyone who knew Mike loved him. It has been strange to lose my twin. I really don't understand why, but I know my feelings are normal. I have felt like a part of me is gone. I have had some pretty sad days. I know I will have more. I have never pondered more about life, what is important, what I want out of my life, who am I , and where are are loved ones that have passed on. I am so grateful for what I have felt and figure out for myself. I think a broken heart can really be a good way to grow. I feel very blessed to have gotten to a really peaceful content place that feels good. I have never felt so much love from others and have had so much love in me. I have been changed in ways that could have never happen if I had not gone through so much. I have to be so grateful for that. I have so many good friends that really helped me through this last year. (Anna, Michelle, Stacie, Jennifer, and the Girls Nite Gang) It is so nice to have friends to call when I needed one. Wayne has been the best. He takes such good care of me. I am so glad to see my mom and dad doing so well. I can not even imagne how they have gotten through this. I NEVER want to do what they have had to do. They are wonderful parents, and grandparents. I know there are so many of you that miss and love him too. We all have great memories. I am happy to name my new baby Michael Don Syrek. His name will live on.

10 comments:

kristen May 20, 2008 at 6:09 AM  

I didn't cry at all yesterday. Thanks for making me cry today.

Tara L. Stradling May 20, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

I can't believe it's been a year. And I'm bawling right now too. What a lovely tribute, not only to Mike, but to your parents and your family. Thanks for sharing your feelings with the world Melanie. Love you dolly...

Cassie and Chad May 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

Wow I can't believe it has been 1 year. I too am sobbing. Melanie you are so strong and have such a great heart, I can learn alot from you. I am forever grateful for the time at Aspen Grove talking about Michael with you. Naming your baby after him his such a great tribute!

Jen Shumway May 20, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

I really ment to call you yesterday. You are a blessing to everyone around you. Thanks for being my friend. I love your babys name. I bet her loves it too.

Breanna Gaylord May 20, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

hey melanie, wow i can't believe it's been a year either. our family is planning to visit his grave this monday. it sounds like you're doing really well with the whole situation. p.s. i'm adding you to my blog and melissa too. how's your pregnancy? i hope you're doing good. your kids are getting so big! if you email me i can invite you to my blog breannalesueur@hotmail.com

Don and Sandy May 20, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

Thank you so much dear daughter-You said it all for me. I know this has been really hard on you as with all of the others. You are right, we all have grown and we have become closer and I don't think we take life for granted anymore. Things can change in an instant.
I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we can be together again. We will all see Mike again in a better place. Its the waiting thats hard.
Mom

Andrea May 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Wow Melanie what a nice tribute to your brother and your family. A year goes by so fast when you are not in the thick of things. I bet this has been the longest year you have ever had. Thanks so much for sharing your feelings and the strength you have gained. You are wonderful!

Unknown May 21, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Melanie: I sure miss you and love you! I know you have learned, experienced, felt, grown a lot this last year, but your journey has helped so many others as well: your parents, children, siblings, husband, friends and ME! I can only imagine the loss of a twin, but I can easily say that you have become so much stronger and loving over such a roller-coaster year!

Did you know I was named after my dad's mother who died a year before I was born? I don't know what or how it is, but I feel that she and I knew each other during that year, and she is very close to me. Baby Michael is lucky!

(And it's great to see you in a picture!)

Anne May 21, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

What a beautiful tribute, Melanie. Baby Michael is lucky to have you as his momma!

Taya May 25, 2008 at 6:29 AM  

Hi Melanie...It's Taya (Harmon)Goodwin. I can't imagine how hard this year has been for you and your family, but you have definitly been in our families thoughts. We lost my Nana Kanaga in April of last year also and it has been a rough year and I know it always will be hard missing her. Thank goodness we have the knowledge that we do of where our loved ones are and we'll be with them again. Mike was hilarious and always made me laugh. I didn't know him as well as some, but he always seemed so genuine to me.

I am pregnant with #5 and due around the same time as you! Good luck with the heat and have a great summer with your cute kids! Tell your Mom & Dad hi!

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP