A mothers work is never done.

>> Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Monday morning I said to Wayne that I needed to do laundry today.  He was a little taken back and said, "no you don't, I just did it on Saturday?"  He was feeling pretty good about cleaning the house and doing the laundry while I was gone.  I said to him, "that was two days ago."  ??? was the the look I got.  2 days, 8 of us, that is 16 outfits, PJs for the boys, and towels.  He will never totally get it.  And that is OK.  That probably would have  really bugged me a few years ago, but not any more.  I run this house and I know what goes on.  I would hope that nobody else would really know. This is the life I have created for myself and I LOVE it.  Yes I could be replaced by Alice (you know form the Brady Bunch), but I do it all in a loving, serving way. When I was a little girl all I wanted to be when I grew up,was a mom.  Well all my dreams came true.

5 comments:

Grandma LeSueur May 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

I just laughed and laughed when I read this....at least your husband knows how to work the washer!!

Unknown May 5, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

a table full of your wildest dreams.

I, on the other hand, NEED ALICE!!! Alan would agree wholeheartedly.

Heidi May 6, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

I can't imagine doing laundry for eight people! CRAZY!! I agree men don't really realize all that we do daily to keep a home running properly!

larainydays May 6, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

You are an organized and wonderful homemaker Melanie. I'm not surprised that you love it because you're good at it...AND THAT'S A COMPLIMENT!

Don and Sandy May 7, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

And then you get to be a Gramma and reap the rewards from all those years of doing laundry.

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP