Charity

>> Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I have been thinking a lot about this quote lately. I try to read it everyday with the hopes of being a better person. I really do feel this way, but it is easy to let my mind and mouth do otherwise.

" Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisiting the impulse to become offended.... Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and be willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other." (author unknown)

Just a little something to think about :-)

6 comments:

Heidi April 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

I think you posted this for me! It was just what I needed to hear today! I have been struggling with judging and I really need to just learn to be quiet the quote says. Thanks for sharing!

Kalene April 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

I feel the same as Heidi! This is what I need to work on too! Things will go much better if we would!

Don and Sandy April 22, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Thanks Melanie,
We can all use that.
I need to post that on my fridge too,so I can remeber every day to do better.
May I add "Charity is the pure love of Christ"
Mom

THE BERISH BUNCH April 24, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

You have NOTHING to work on girlfriend. That is YOU to the "T"!! I know your stash of toys is not for your kids. You are one of the kindest and most thoughtful people I know. Remember that... but thanks for sharing the quote. I need to be like that.

Breanna Gaylord May 1, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

this is so what i needed. sometimes i am way too hard on people and it's just not a good thing. thanks i will definately copy and print!!...however, i can't even picture you being even the slightest bit uncharitable.

Don and Sandy May 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

The author of this is Marvin J Ashton, just in case you wanted to know.
Mom

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP