Making Valentines

>> Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This year we decided to make our own Valentines. It was so much fun. Ashley helped Jason with his . I love when my kids work together and enjoy it.

My Valentine brought me this. Yesterday we made and frosted sugar cookies. I was sooo happy. Never in my life have I had sugar cookies turn out. I have been going to cooking classes and they are helping me a lot. My first ever successful sugar cookies. :) I can now add them to my list of accomplishment in my domestic life. Some of which are....... killer brownies, french bread, chocolate chip cookies, pecan logs, chocolate candy, pumpkin rolls, whole wheat bread, Texas sheet cake, and now sugar cookies. I am not saying they are the best, just that I could make them for someone and not be too worried. Next on my list is Cinnamon rolls......



The kids all got to pick a friend and doorbell ditch a plate of cookies at their house. We had so much fun running and hiding.....HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!



6 comments:

Unknown February 10, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

So it was YOU???

Looks good!

Don and Sandy February 10, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Was it you at our house too!
Dad and I enjoyed those cookies and are waiting for the cinnamon rolls.
Thanks kids,
Gramma

Heidi February 13, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

You are such a fun mom! The cookies look yummy!! Wish I lived closer so I could have maybe got some! Yesterday was so fun shopping!! Thanks for going with me.

Cassie and Chad February 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Your cookies are beautiful, way to go Melanie. How fun a cooking class? Where do you do that at? Oh and by the way BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN!!!!

Andrea February 14, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Looks good! I can tell you have Nelson blood...sugar cookies, pecan log, whole wheat bread, french bread, so on. We love to bake and even better, we love sweet things. Good for you! Where do you take cooking classes? They sound like fun!

THE BERISH BUNCH March 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

My mouth is watering at this very moment. I wanna go to your cooking classes. Totally impressed. And every time I see a cute activity at your house with just your kids, I always think to myself.. you already have a "PARTY" ! Every day would be a party. That's so neat.

About This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP